POLITICAL SURVEY – BIBLICAL EXPLAINATION
Teleios’ most recent survey evaluated Christians’ about faith and politics. There were 336 responses. Below are explanations of biblical importance. For full results click here.
Question 9 – Do you believe your Christian faith is primarily private or outreach oriented?
As Christians we are blessed with a personal relationship with God our Father and our merciful high priest, Jesus Christ. We can privately pray, praise and study scripture. However, beyond these activities there’s little private about the Christian faith!
- Our life should be a service (Romans 12:1-2)
- We use our speech for the needs of other people (Ephesians 4:29)
- We bear one another’s burdens (Galatians 6:2)
- We teach and equip other Christians (1 Timothy 4:6, 16; 2 Timothy 2:15, 23-26)
- We spread the gospel and explain the faith to unbelievers (Matthew 28:20, 2 Timothy 2:23-26)
As God has reached out graciously and loved us through his Son and Spirit, we are to reach out to love others.
Question 10 – Do you agree that the church is engaged in a battle with evil forces both in your country and abroad?
Since the beginning of time God has battled the forces of evil which continues in the church age (Ephesians 6:10-12). Current evidence of this battle are that non-Christians, as individuals and organizations, composed of certain atheists, humanists, progressives, communists, and globalists, promote evil by the following:
- They mock Christians, not bothering to answer any argument, but denigrate us as ignorant, unscientific, racist, and socially backward.
- They openly try to destroy aspects of culture related to Christianity including:
- The right to life
- Freedom of speech
- Man/woman marriage
- Sanctity of sex
- Hard work and social responsibility
- They, in general, wish to replace the one true God with the state to control all aspects of economic and social life on a global basis.
Question 11 – Is it important for Christians to elect leaders (when possible) who will protect the Christian faith and appoint judges who stand for traditional Christian values?
Question 12 – Is your country and its founding documents based on Christian morality and ethics?
Question 13 – Is it important to maintain Christian morals and ethics in your society?
Questions 15 – What are potential biblically consistent ways to engage in world affairs?
No direct scientific or biblical evidence supports any of these questions or choices regarding answers. Individual responses may vary. However, I believe we should all be engaged in protecting Christian based culture. This is because Christianity offers society is right and excellent in at least the following ways:
- Stronger moral and ethical base
- Emphasizing the importance of the person as an individual
- Greater politeness
- More charitable giving
- More love
- Better social justice
- Creating an atmosphere of freedom that allows people to achieve in science, technology and business
- Better protecting the earth’s environment
- Maintaining individual rights, especially freedom of religion and expression, if available
- Maintaining freedom generally by limiting the central state’s power
- Limiting perception that the state is a replacement god for the Christian God
- Reducing corruption
- Maintaining an education system free of government interference
- Recognizing the biblical role of government is primarily to keep order in society
Question 14 – Is the current American president supportive to Christianity and the church?
Donald Trump and his administration have openly supported Christianity in the following manner (https://stream.org/7-things-donald-trump-has-done-for-christians/):
- He appointed former Senator Brownback of Kansas to be the first ambassador-at-large for Religious Freedom in the world.
- He stands up against evil regimes which persecute Christians in North Korea, China and Iran.
- He openly and actively supports Israel.
- They’ve ended the prejudicial, selective immigration of Muslims into the country over Christian immigrants.
- He returned religion into the discourse of presidential speeches in recognizing God and dependence as a country upon Him.
- He successfully appointed Justice Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.
- He signed the Religious Liberty Decree and fought the Johnson Amendment.
- He is fighting for life – His administration is defining life as “beginning at conception
- He eliminated the ISIS state. For the first time in three years, Christians were able to celebrate Christmas in the regions of Iraq and Syria formerly under ISIS control.
- He reversed the Obama policy which kept Christian refugees fleeing slaughter from coming to the United States.
- He and his administration openly pray and give praise to God.
Question 16 – According to recent reports what is the most persecuted religion in the world?
The following reports have recently indicated that Christianity is the most persecuted religion in the world.