Wow, don’t be afraid … new research reveals that Christians gain good feelings from explaining the Gospel!
WHAT WE DID
Teleios surveyed 370 participants. Participants were asked questions regarding:
- · wellbeing
- · adherence to their faith
- · attitudes toward sharing the gospel
WHAT WE FOUND
Participants showed high ratings of personal characteristics that would indicate good wellbeing (score of 4.6/6.0 or higher):
- · contentment
- · personal peace
- · joy
- · sense of purpose
Sharing the Gospel – Fear!!!
Almost all (96%) participants said they feared ‘sharing the gospel.’ Other scores are shown in Figure 1. Figure 1: Scores for questions about fear (higher numbers indicate agreement with the statement)
The greatest reason for fear of explaining the gospel was related to not knowing what to say (56%). Other reasons are shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Reasons for not sharing the Gospel (vertical axis indicates number of respondents agreeing with statement)
However, those sharing the Gospel had better wellbeing! WOW!
Wellbeing ratings vs. sharing the gospel monthly or more
Further, those sharing the Gospel were more adherent to other aspects of their Christian walk! (P<0.0012):
- · study the scriptures
- · praise
- · teach others
WHAT IT MEANS
· This study suggests that born again Christians have generally high ratings of characteristics that suggest good wellbeing.
· Although Christians may fear sharing the gospel, those who do so show better wellbeing than those who do not.
· Sharing the gospel was associated behaviors reflective of a more obedient lifestyle to God.
For a copy of this infographic for your own use please click here.