WHAT WE DID
- Teleios reviewed medical articles from 1966 to 2015 that evaluated anxiety and the effect of religion. All articles originated from Christian countries.
- Populations explored
- general anxiety and depression (5 studies)
- prayer and Christian community intervention (4 studies)
- religious based treatment (6 studies)
- death anxiety (4 studies)
- anxiety in illness (13 studies – HIV, cancer, heart conditions)
WHAT IT SHOWED
- Articles included
- 32 articles were evaluated. The number and types of articles are shown in the bar graph below.
- Reduced anxiety/stress was shown with:
- These effects were observed in healthy individuals and various patient populations
WHAT IT MEANS
Practice of Christianity may help anxiety!
For a copy of this infographic for your own use please click here.